Who We Are
Dr. Turgay Korkmaz, a computer science professor at the University of Texas at San Antonio, found that many students entering the university were not adequately prepared for entry-level science and mathematics courses. To address this concern and better prepare students for the future, others joined him to establish the first School of Science and Technology in San Antonio in the fall of 2005.
Since opening our first campus, The School of Science and Technology has opened six schools in three major Texas cities. During the 2019-2020 school year, SST opened four new campuses in San Antonio, Corpus Christi, and Houston. Additionally, SST Corpus Christi (elementary), SST Sugar Land, SST Northwest, and SST Spring moved into modern, spacious buildings to better serve our students.
- In 2016-2017, SST opened two campuses in Houston, and this initiates a period of planned growth.
- SST plans to open three new campuses in the 2017-2018 school year. One will be in San Antonio.
- Each following year, SST plans to open two new campuses.
- The campuses will be established in San Antonio, Houston, and Corpus Christi.
- In two years the San Antonio SST high school will be relocated to accommodate growth.
- SST Hill Country and SST Advancement will relocate to new buildings in August 2020.
- SST San Antonio will relocate to a larger new building in 2022.
- SST Houston will relocate in the summer of 2022.
The planned growth will increase the number of SST teachers, administrators and staff from the current 300 to 800 in five years