Dear SST Family,
The School of Science and Technology will be closed through May 4, 2020 systemwide (San Antonio, Houston, and Corpus Christi). This decision was made in line with guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as state and local health organizations and educational systems. SST administration will re-evaluate on Monday, May 4, to determine whether a longer closure beyond May 4 will be necessary.
Teachers and campus leaders will be in contact with parents and students. Two major areas that may concern you are instruction and nutrition.
Instruction: We know that there is no software program or learning packet that can substitute your child’s teacher; however, we will do everything in our capacity to minimize the academic impact of this unforeseen event.
- During the closure SST leadership, teachers and staff will work from home to address instructional needs by providing online and print materials.
- An online folder with instructional material (by grade and content area) will be shared with all parents and students by Friday, March 20.
- Students without access to computers at home can pick up printed packets at their campus offices on Monday and Tuesday from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- These high-quality instructional materials, designed by SST teachers and the curriculum department, are for self-study or self-study with home support and guidance.
- Students are also asked to work on their weekly instructional software program goals by logging in through their Clever accounts.
Nutrition: Families will be able to pick up breakfast and lunch meals for students during the closure. Parents will receive more detailed information about pick up times and locations. A list of other feeding sites provided in each city will be included so parents have options for convenient pick up.
SST will continue to closely monitor the situation during the closure and provide operational updates as necessary. At this moment, our local, national and global communities are working together in service to each other and the most vulnerable individuals among us. I appreciate your patience and commitment in doing what each of us can to do minimize the impact of the Corona virus while continuing to support learning and our children.
Stay healthy, and thank you for your ongoing support,